Creating Career Pathways in Computer Science and Information Technology
MakeKnowledge works with partners in education and industry to create ecosystems of opportunity in Computer Science and Information Technology fields.
Community College IT internships
Community college students currently enrolled in CS and IT pathways are eligible for part-time internship placements at local schools and organizations. These internships typically last one year, between 10 and 20 hours per week. (Additional summer hours are sometimes possible, depending on the organization’s needs.)
All interns will receive:
- Practical, hands-on experience applying IT skills in real-world contexts.
- Real-world experience with work skills not typically covered in technical curricula: teamwork, building empathy with clients/ end-users, managing projects, creating documentation, and spotting trends.
- Support from the organization for the duration of your internship, including a regular salary.
- Coaching and support from MakeKnowledge staff throughout your internship.
- Monthly opportunities to learn from industry insiders about career pathways, new technology developments, and more.