School Technology Support Intern (multiple openings)
Technology Support Interns become members of the school’s technology team. In K-12 school environments, technology teams work with the entire range of technologies and the entire school community including students, faculty and staff, administrators, and families. These internships are a terrific way to see how to implement ideas you have learned in the classroom in a fast paced environment, sometimes in multiple buildings and campuses.
- Assist teachers, staff, and students with technology needs
- Provide technical support in-person, on the phone, and online
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot Mac OSX, iOS, and Chrome devices and peripherals
- Install and update applications as needed, both on the device and through central management tools
- Google apps administration including user adds/changes
- Image, install, configure, move, and carry computers and projectors
- Maintain and troubleshoot printers on campus
- Support administration and faculty with AV setup
- Assist in the creation and revision of documentation and tutorials focused on classroom, office, or school-wide technology initiatives
- Maintain and keep up-to-date tech support documentation including inventory, team wiki, and end-user how-to documents
Skills and experience needed:
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to build empathy with a range of personalities and skill levels.
- Experience in the setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of desktop/notebook hardware and software (Mac OSX, iOS, Chrome, and Windows)
- Excellent responsibility, communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills are an absolute must
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and processes quickly.
- Ability to climb a ladder to service classroom projectors and similar equipment
- Must be physically able to lift up to 40 pounds
Spreadsheet Development and Support Intern
(one position available)
Our partner organization works with schools and school districts, building innovative data solutions to educational issues, using Google Workspace. Their work includes such things as competency-based grading and progress monitoring, attendance, behavior, goals, student agency, enrollment, and internship tracking. We intend to move our powerful tools beyond education in the future.
You will play a key role in the collaborative design approach of innovative educational technology systems. Your work will primarily focus on Google Sheets to begin, but over time will utilize tools native to Google Workspace such as Google Scripts and Google Forms, as well as proprietary tools that the organization has developed to assist in the production of robust and meaningful educational technology solutions for clients.
Skills and experience needed:
Advanced spreadsheet formula skills
Ability to learn our internal set of tools that help us manage data between hundreds of google spreadsheets.
Client and Project Management skills are a bonus
Build, manage, and maintain complex data movement using google sheets for Education Technology Dashboard Systems.
Become an expert with xSoTec’s internal tools and use them to assist with the development and implementation of our clients systems.
Promptly respond to and assist clients by solving support issues and perform preventative maintenance to ensure client satisfaction.
Test dashboard system functionality prior to launch and help monitor product rollout.
Listen to client visions and help ideate meaningful solutions.
Candidates interested in either opportunity should send a letter of interest with their current resume, highlighting their relevant coursework to date. Please send materials to info @ makeknowledge.org.